Galaxy S4 I9500 users can now root their device to the latest Clockwork Mod Recovery version 22.214.171.124 with Odin Flash tool. It should be noted that the root is essential to be completely the look of the phone and able to use his ability to install third party applications root, custom ROM’s and tweaks latter system should be extended.
Once the device is rooted, users can access various custom ROM’s to extend the battery life of the device by reducing energy consumption.
NOTE: Warranty on the device will be void soon after rooting the device. However, users can reclaim the warranty by re-installing official firmware update.
- The root package and instructions in this manual are intended only for Galaxy S4 I9500 model and will not work on any other device. Check the model number of the device by going to Settings -> About phone.
- Backing up important data and settings on the phone using CWM recovery, because it creates a complete picture of the existing telephone system.
- Make sure that the appliance at least 80% battery charge to unexpected device shutdown (due to battery consumption), while roots to prevent the device.
- Check that the correct USB drivers are installed for the phone on the computer (download Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 USB drivers)
- Enable USB debugging mode on the phone by going to Settings -> Developer options (if the device is running Android 4.0 or higher) or go to Settings -> Applications -> Development (if the phone is running Android 2.3 or earlier). If the device running Android 4.2, perform the following steps:
- Go to Settings -> About Phone
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select Build Number
- Tap the Build Number seven times to unlock or reveal the hidden Developer Options under Settings. Now, select the checkbox to enable USB Debugging mode under Settings -> Developer Options.
- Make sure that the device is unlocked satisfactory (not locked to a specific carrier)
- The installation of this package requires root ODIN Flash Tool for Windows OS. However, Linux and Mac OS should use the utility to run CrossOver ODIN. NOTE: To run as ODIN, right-click on the exe file administrator, then click “Run as administrator” from the context menu .. Older versions of Windows XP and do not need administrator rights to install ODIN.
- If “MD5 hash value is invalid” appears in Odin message box, just re-download the root package.
Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy S4
- Unzip the cofface-I9500-recovery.zip file to get cofface_I9500_cwm_recovery_en_new.tar.
- Extract Odin307.zip to get the zip file on Odin3 v3.07.exe with some other files.
- Turn off the phone and wait vibrations (about 5-6 seconds) to confirm stopping device.
- Now start the phone in download mode by pressing Volume Down and Home button (middle) simultaneously and then press and hold the power button until a message prompts the user to the + button open more.
- Start Odin3 v3.07.exe (see step 2) as director and administrator rights are required to complete the installation root.
- Now connect the phone to the computer with the USB cable. A message that says “Added” appears in the box Odin message at the bottom left of the screen. If the message does not appear then try another USB port (preferably on the back of the computer). If all else fails, just re-install the USB driver for the phone on the computer. If the success of “we” Message in Odin take the next step. At this point, the ID: COM port switch with the appropriate number of Yellowstone when the device was added successfully.
- Select Run the extracted file in Odin with check boxes blink: Select the PDA box and select the file from cofface_I9500_cwm_recovery_en_new.tar here.
- In Odin, make sure that only the automatic reboot and F. Reset time slots are selected (leave all other options in the event of default or disabled).
- Make sure that everything is as mentioned in Step 7 and Step 8. Then press the START button in Odin to begin flashing.
- After flashing CWM recovery is complete, your phone will restart and soon a message PASS with green background appears in left field after Odin. Now, remove the USB cable to disconnect the phone from the computer.
Congratulations! ClockworkMod Recovery v126.96.36.199 is now successfully installed on the Galaxy S4. Now it is time to remove the device with a few simple steps below:
Step 1: Launch Galaxy S4 in recovery mode. To do this, turn off your phone, press and hold the volume up and home button (middle), then press and hold the power button. The device is expected to start-up the rest with the options for recovery soon.
Step 2: Navigating in recovery mode, get to the root of the phone option. [NOTE: Use the volume buttons to navigate between the options and the Home key to select an option in recovery]